Today’s blog is about determination. I have seen people change their lives through determination. I, myself, have used determination before my back surgery to get up everyday and walk even though it took me a long time to get from point A to point B, I still got up and did what I had to do. Even now I use my determination to do things daily even with the pain in my knees, legs, and back make me want to just go back to bed and not get up, I get up and I go.
To me determination is the drive to accomplish whatever your heart desires. According to http://www.Dictionary.com determination means the following:
• The act of coming to a decision or of fixing or settling a purpose.
• Ascertainment, as after observation or investigation
• The information ascertained; solution
• The settlement of a dispute, question, etc., as by authoritative decision.
• The decision or settlement arrived at or pronounced.
• The quality of being resolute; firmness of purpose
• A fixed purpose or intention
• The fixing or settling of amount, limit, character, etc.
• Fixed direction or tendency toward some object or end
• A change for the better or for the worse in the course of a disease
• A fixed movement or tendency toward an object or end
• The ascertaining of the quantity, quality, position, or character of something.
So you can see that determination has a lot of meanings and there are words that also mean determination. One of the synonyms is perseverance, some more are: assurance, boldness, bravery, conviction, courage, decision, dedication, energy, persistence, resolve, self-confidence, tenacity, willpower, heart, pluck, purpose, resolution, backbone, and fearlessness.
So having determination is a positive thing and there are times when others might take your determination as a bad thing but remember being determined to accomplish something for you or your family is never a bad thing.
Recently, I have had to have the determination to get up daily because of health issues in myself and my family I am always tired. I am in the process of starting my own business, raising three teenagers, spending as much time as I can with my mom (she is currently in the hospital with heart issues), and taking care of finances and household issues. I wake up tired and I go to bed exhausted and there are days that I struggle with actually getting up and going. Yes, I am a counselor and I have my own issues with depression so I know how it feels.
Until next time, keep going and your willpower, heart, desires will eventually turn your dreams into a reality.