Hello all. Today’s blog is about faith, faithfulness, and courage. Right now my family is going through some trials right now as my mom, our rock is facing a health crisis. We have to have the faith that God will heal her, faith that the doctors can help, and the courage to face the future if there is nothing that the doctors can do for her. So this post is related to our faith, being faithful, and having the courage to face those trials and why they are so important.
First what does faith, faithful and courage mean.
According to dictionary.com faithful means the following:
• Strict or thorough in the performance of duty.
• True to one’s word, promises, vows, etc.
• Steady in allegiance or affection; loyal; constant
• Reliable, trusted, or believed
• Adhering or true to fact, a standard, or an original; accurate
• The believers, especially members of a Christian church, the body of loyal members of any party or group.
• True, devoted, staunch, constant, loyal, dependable, devotion, pledge of duty, steadfastness in attachment
According to dictionary.com faith means the following:
• Confidence or trust in a person or thing
• Belief that is not based on proof
• Belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
• Belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.
• A system of religious belief
• The obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.
• The trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.
According to dictionary.com courage means the following:
• The quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery
• Have the courage of one’s convictions, to act in accordance with one’s beliefs, especially in spite of criticism.
• Fearlessness, pluck, spirit, bravery, valor, bravado, intrepidity.
For me right now my faith is growing, my courage is HUGE since I have fear but it is not controlling me…I have to have faith that the doctors can help her and that God can heal her heart. I have seen many miracles for those with the faith and courage to go on.
I see this with people that are dealing with mental health issues, they try to have faith that they will be better one day and then they go into counseling and they find that they have courage even though they are scared. “Courage is not the absence of fear, it is denying its power to control you.” FAITH=COURAGE and COURAGE=NO FEAR and NO FEAR= NO LIMITS…
So let’s all gain the faith and courage to face the day and the future. It is safe to say that having faith = no limits.